Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Downswing

Variance is kicking my ass.

In the past 3 days I have lost most of my gains on EOH. Chip count is around 660. And even Full Tilt has been a harsh mistress.

It happens from time to time. It seems every decent hand gets beat. KK finds AA, AK finds no help, continuation bets are called every time, straights and flushes refuse to come.

I can actually feel the tendency to back off, to get passive welling up inside me. Expecting that next decent hand to not hold up. I can see how these things tend to self perpetuate.

So I am trying very hard to just stay tight aggressive and treat every single hand like the first, last and only one there is. Trying hard to remember that cards have no memory and that my actions are the most likely influence towards the outcome.

I will be off for a road trip to Vegas in 2 days. Maybe the venue will shift my attitude, actions and outcomes.

No comments: