Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Updates

A less poker related entry:

I recently left my corporation, CAIN, to pursue other interests. In so doing, I also left the Caldari Militia and faction warfare.

I’ve been working on my exploration skills and some industrial and transport oriented sets. So for about 2 to 3 weeks I wandered about BlackRise and Lonetrek and various regions and systems looking for what was pulling me in that direction.

And what did I find? Nothing. Working for mission agents is mind numbing. Mining into a jet can (Hulk skills are down the road abit) is mind numbing. Flying through lo sec without much purpose while lacking war targets is slightly better than the other activities…but not by much.

The exploration wasn’t bad. Radar sites and some smaller combat sites were fun-ish. But after awhile I came to the realization that I missed the increased pulse pressure of combat.

So after looking about for a good spot I’ve settled back to what I know: Caldari Militia and Faction War. I’ve joined up with the 22nd Black Rise Defensive Unit and I’m flying with some fight behind me again.

This corporation seems focused more on the plexing aspect of faction war than the ‘find them and fight them’ game. The pilots are closer to my experience and skillpoint range than my previous corpmates in CAIN.

CAIN’s pilots are topnotch, highly skilled and very competent. To be honest, I often felt out of place not being able to assist or compete on my fleet members’ level.

So, for the foreseeable future, I’ll be flying under State’s flag again with a new crew. And I’ll see what I can do about putting some more time in on the poker tables as well.

No comments: